Although certain medicines should not be used together at all, in other cases two different medicines may be used together even if an interaction might occur.
In these cases, your doctor may want to change the dose, or other precautions may be necessary.
When you are taking Gabapentin Generic, it is especially important that your healthcare professional know if you are taking any of the medicines listed below. The following interactions have been selected on the basis of their potential significance and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is usually not recommended, but may be required in some cases. If both medicines are prescribed together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines may cause an increased risk of certain side effects, but using both drugs may be the best treatment for you. If both medicines are prescribed together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
- Aluminum Carbonate, Basic
- Aluminum Hydroxide
- Aluminum Phosphate
- Dihydroxyaluminum Aminoacetate
- Dihydroxyaluminum Sodium Carbonate
- Magnesium Carbonate
- Magnesium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Oxide
- Magnesium Trisilicate
- Morphine Sulfate Liposome
Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. Discuss with your healthcare professional the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Depression, history of or
- Mood or mental changes, history of—Use with caution. May make these conditions worse.
- Kidney disease—Use with caution. The effects may be increased because of slower removal of the medicine from the body.
Common medications checked in combination with Neurontin (gabapentin)
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Aleve (naproxen)
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- aspirin (Aspir 81, Ecotrin, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Aspirin Low Strength, Bayer Aspirin, Aspir-Low, Ascriptin, Bufferin, Ecotrin Adult Low Strength, Arthritis Pain, Fasprin, Halfprin, Aspiritab, Easprin, Aspergum, Durlaza, St. Joseph 81 mg Chewable Aspirin, Empirin, Buffered Aspirin, Ecotrin Maximum Strength, Ascriptin Enteric, Migralex, Aspi-Cor, Aspirtab, Low Dose ASA, Bufferin Extra Strength, St. Joseph 81 mg Aspirin Enteric Safety-Coated, Bayer Aspirin Regimen, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Bayer Aspirin with Heart Advantage, Bufferin Low Dose, Medi-Seltzer, Sloprin, ZORprin, Bayer Children’s Aspirin, Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus, Buffex, Entercote, Extra Strength Bayer, Genacote, Gennin-FC, Genprin, Litecoat Aspirin, Minitabs, Tri-Buffered Aspirin, Entaprin, Bufferin Arthritis Strength, Therapy Bayer, St. Joseph Aspirin, Stanback Analgesic, Norwich Aspirin, Acuprin 81, Ecpirin, Bayer Women’s Aspirin With Calcium, Zero-Order Release, YSP Aspirin, Miniprin, Aspirin Lite Coat, Heartline, Bayer Advanced Aspirin, Buffasal)
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- baclofen (Lioresal, Gablofen, Lioresal Intrathecal, Kemstro)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Excedrin (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine)
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)
- hydrocodone (Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER, Vantrela ER)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, IBU, Children’s Motrin, Advil Liqui-Gels, Proprinal, IBU-200, Motrin IB, Advil Migraine, Ibu-8, Motrin Childrens, Caldolor, Ibuprofen PMR, Nuprin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Motrin Migraine Pain, Addaprin, NeoProfen, Advil Infant’s Concentrated Drops, Ibu-Tab, Rufen, Genpril, Motrin Infant Drops, Haltran, Menadol, Midol IB, Saleto-200, Q-Profen, Saleto-400, Saleto-600, Saleto-800, A-G Profen, Advil Children’s, Advil Junior Strength, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Actiprofen, PediaCare Infants’ IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Ibu-4, PediaCare Children’s IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Ibu-6, Motrin Junior Strength, Help I Have An Aching Body, Children’s ElixSure IB, Cap-Profen, Motrin Pediatric, Advil Film-Coated)
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- metformin (Glucophage, Glumetza, Glucophage XR, Fortamet, Riomet)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- omeprazole (Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Zegerid (Original Formulation), Omesec)
- oxycodone (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Xtampza ER, OxyIR, Oxaydo, Percolone, RoxyBond, Oxydose, Oxyfast, Oxecta, Dazidox, M-Oxy, ETH-Oxydose, Endocodone, Roxicodone Intensol)
- Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone)
- prednisone (Deltasone, Sterapred, Rayos, Sterapred DS, Prednicot, Orasone, Meticorten, Liquid Pred, Prednicen-M)
- Prilosec (omeprazole)
- Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- tramadol (Ultram, Tramadol Hydrochloride ER, Tramal, Ultram ER, ConZip, Larapam SR, Ryzolt, Tramal SR, GenRx Tramadol, Zamadol, Tramedo, Zydol, Tramahexal SR, Tramahexal, Zydol XL, Rybix ODT, Ultram ODT)
- trazodone (Desyrel, Oleptro, Desyrel Dividose)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zoloft (sertraline)